Book - San Francisco Neon
SAN FRANCISCO NEON: SURVIVORS AND LOST ICONS
A lush portrait of San Francisco's historic neon landscape.
Authors: Al Barna and Randall Ann Homan (2014 Giant Orange Press)
ABOUT THIS BOOK
Cloth hardcover book with 200+ photographs. Features include:
• San Francisco/photography essay by local award-winning travel writer Tom Downs
• Neon preservation essay by Eric Lynxwiler, neon sign art expert and board member of the Museum of Neon Art (MONA)
• Endnotes section with local stories, oral history, and rich details on 45 iconic neon signs by photographers and essayists.
• Index by neighborhood to give readers a sense of which neighborhoods still have clusters of neon, and which neighborhoods have lost all but one or two surviving signs
• Neon condition to give readers indication which signs are illuminated nightly, which signs do not light up and need restoration, and which signs are lost icons